Thank you Vanilla Housewife for this lovely award.
I knew there was a catch!
(Right-click image, save as jpeg in Pictures folder. Check that it’s in Pictures folder. Check.
Open new Word Document. )
Share seven things about me. (Are you sure you want to know?)
- I hate teaching symmetry if it has more than two lines. I go cross-eyed and get confused.
- When my waters broke with my eldest, it was green and for a brief moment I thought I was having an alien. (There is, actually, an explanation but I won’t go into it here).
- I weigh more than my husband. He’s a running fanatic so that’s alright, though. Pass me a Mars Bar.
- If I’ve had too much to drink my children ask, ‘Have you got sweaty ankles.’ Again, I won’t elaborate. (Might post on it one day. Might not.)
- I have a stationery fetish. Nothing sexual. I love browsing stationery shops. I get all excited and enthusiastic about pens and lovely paper.
- I still love my husband to pieces. And sometimes, when he’s not looking, I check him out.
- I taught in Greece for a year and can still speak a bit. (See number 4. More fluent when lubricated.)
(Save document while having a think about random things.)
- I snore. (I can feel a post coming on about that one.)
- I sing. (Quite well, actually!)
- I enjoy dancing in the living-room with my kids.
- My favourite flowers are carnations.
- I still have a jotter from primary school.
- I don’t like killing insects. They’re squishy and crunchy. Euck!
- I trained to be a nurse for six months, then checked out several convents, then got married and had seven kids. Funny old life, eh?
Now for the fun bit.
My nominees, in no particular order, as they say, are:-
I don’t want to colour anyone’s judgement about the above bloggers. Suffice to say, I admire all of them and am humbled by many of them. They have all had me close to tears for one reason or another.
(Now, posting on other people’s blogs? Does that mean I sort of sabotage their page? Can you do that? Or do I just post it on mine? Or do I make a comment on their page? This is tricky. It’s nearly as cross-eyed inducing as teaching symmetry. Have I missed a ‘how-to’ page somewhere on WordPress? If the Blog police come and get me I’ll be looking for revenge.)
(Posted it, made an arse of two of the links, changed them, just about to check them.)
(OK, sorted. Phew! Now to go and infiltrate the nominees’ blogs. Camouflage? Check. Running shoes? Check. Wish me luck.)
Thanks again Vanilla Housewife. I know you said I didn’t HAVE to do all this but it was kinda fun.x