Thank you to Jolene at http://valleygirlgonecountry.wordpress.com/ for this award.
For those who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award rules here they are :
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
…… My eleven questions to answer:-
- What is your favorite blog post that you have written?
Well, it’s not reflected in stats but it is entitled ‘Reason’. I wrote it a few years ago for someone who suffers from depression. I wanted her to know that I understood how she felt. Each time I tried, I could not face dragging up those feelings that I know too well. So, I did it as a story and e-mailed it to her. She got that I got her. That made me glad.
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge. I read it about five times before I realised that maybe there would be other books out there that I would enjoy as much. I’ve never read it again.
3. Twitter or Facebook?
Neither really. I have a Facebook account I use rarely. I set up a Twitter one but have done nothing with it. Might link them to Scottishmomus. But not yet.
4. What is your all time favorite movie?
Highlander. The first one. I love Queen and the music from this movie blew me away. Wasn’t Freddie Mercury fantastic?
5. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Cigarette and coffee. Shame.:(
6. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I didn’t. My brother set the account up for me without my knowledge, then texted me to tell me to ‘get writing’. The momus part is a reference to Greece, where I worked.
7. Something on your bucket list.
Over the years, it has diminished as I realise that some of those things no longer matter to me. Now, I would love to live by mountains and a body of water in the Highlands of Scotland but with the possibility of jetting off to sunnier climes as and when the urge came on. I would be looking out at the magnificent views and penning wise and entertaining words. Or, is that less bucket list and more of a fantasy?
8. What’s your drink of choice?
If it’s non-alcoholic then coffee for half the day followed by tea for the remainder. If it’s alcohol you mean, probably Drambuie with ice. Although I’m quite partial to a glass of red or a whiskey and Pepsi Max. I don’t do white drinks except champagne – rarely. And I hate fizzy drinks per se, unless there’s a hauf in it!
9. How did you end up in the city you live in?
I was born here. I worked abroad and realised that home was where my family and roots were. Kinda like Dorothy!
10. If you could stay at a certain age forever, what would it be, and why?
See Highlander. Best song, ‘Who Wants to Live Forever?’
11. Have you ever told a joke so bad that you had to explain it, which only resulted in a worse situation?
Yup. Sometimes, I nail them and other times I cringe at myself and wish I’d kept my mouth shut.
I posted random facts about myself recently for a different award. (Aren’t I a lucky girl?) But, in the interests of being original, I’ll try for different. Let me think.
- I spent 5 years at an all-girls’ ‘convent’ school.
- When said school closed down (one year short of its centenary, aw), I did a sixth year in a brand new school and I was the only girl in a year group of about 15. I think the lads were a bit scared at first because they thought I was going to jump them! (see No.1).
- I don’t like rodents – even cute ones.
- I can knit, sew, cross stitch.
- I am a bit of a dabbler. A bit here, a bit there.
- I think I might be addicted to brand new babies. I want to cuddle every baby I see. I don’t do it but I want to. They are just too gorgeous.
- My wedding dress cost £25 – ex-rental. I took it in in all the right places and washed it in a bath of Glow White. ‘Bestest’ bargain ever maybe.
- I am 5’ 63/4” and I never forget the ¾”.
- I learned to swim when I was about twelve. The shame of wearing arm bands was too great.
- I hate shopping for clothes for myself and for my family. It’s so boring. Maybe ‘cos I always end up buying black.
- We had builders in about 7 years ago and they botched the work big time. It cost us a fortune to undo and fix. I still want to slash their tyres. But I won’t.
My nominees are:-
My questions are:-
1. Favourite song and why?
2. Best childhood memory?
3. Vanilla or flavoured ice cream?
4. Favourite food?
5. Hugh Jackman (yumm) or other?
6. Which three items would you save in a fire?
7. Most difficult thing you’ve had to do?
8. Sea, lake or river?
9. Favourite item of clothing and why?
10. Most embarrassing moment? (I dare you!)
11. Main colour of clothes in your wardrobe?