OK, I’ve got a problem. I let my children know I blog. It sounds like something that I ought to be ashamed of. It certainly is taking up more time, time that was previously dedicated to kids, housework, bonding time, reading, blah, blah, blah.
Or, so I’ve been told.
So, here goes.
Child 5 – ‘cos she asked first.
- I want attention – and lots of it.
- I want bonding time – any time.
- I want to be able to discuss things we are both interested in. (Find out).
- I want some one-on-one quality time.
- I want to go to Starbucks with you and drink a chocolate frappuccino or latte and appreciate, together, the quality of a fine coffee.
So, sorted. I take her out once a week/fortnight/month and combine all her desires.
And then move onto number 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 6 or 7 and whatever their wishes may be.
Me? I just need some time for me.
And hubby? I’ll squeeze him in somewhere.