The last time I said the above and it was true, I was pregnant.
This time it’s a pregnant pause.
I have been on award pause for some little while. I’ve received awards, I have been delighted to do so….And then, I’ve done nothing about them.
It’s not that I haven’t been doing any writing. On the contrary, I’ve been like a demented duck; swimming round in circles, diving and resurfacing every so often.
But, like (almost) all household duties that have been on hold while I have explored the inner me, the time has come.
I have not yet been forced to wash the kitchen floor as my sense of guilt at its muckiness has not yet reached epic proportions.
But to receive and do no more than accept with a smile has me reeling with the iniquity of my actions.
So, I’m on it.
I have several to answer, but I shall begin from the beginning.
A number of weeks ago I passed the Liebster award to 11 people, one of whom was
And, do you know what he did?
He renominated me and called it ‘sweet reciprocity’.
Now, as it happens, I love the sibilance of those two words together but my response to him was :-
Feckety, feckety, feckety, feck. I’ve to do this all over again! I don’t know if that’s even allowed. I demand a recount. I’m taking this higher. Feckety, feckety, feck!x
It was not that I did not appreciate, you understand. But, I had just done all that work! And it was tongue in cheek.
I obviously thought better of my hasty comment and later added:-
Enjoyed reading your answers. I might need a break before I try again.:(x
I have no idea whether this is allowed but, as I am still under the 200 followers, I’m going for it.
To reiterate the rules.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
- I love ‘Malcolm in the Middle’. A fantastically functioning, malfunctioning family with humour to die for.
- I smoke too much.
- I am a size seven in my shoes. Ideally, I would be able to buy a 61/2 for my left foot.
- I am quite vain.
- I was stopped by the police the first time I ever drove – four years after passing my driving test.
- I passed it when I was 23, I think.
- I dye my hair ‘cos who wants grey streaks?
- I share a birthday with my eldest brother.
- I used to read fortunes. But, not now.
- I still love ‘Tom and Jerry’ and ‘Bugs Bunny’.
- I hate ‘Roadrunner’. All that beep-beeping. Drives me mad.
- Who you would slap if you could get away with it?
When ‘sweet reciprocity’ first landed, ummmmm…. Now, anyone who tries to take this award back from me.
2. Relative you dislike the most.
Some of my relatives read this and some might yet. I plead the fifth, even although I have no right to.
3. Movie you are ashamed to admit you love.
Not exactly ashamed. But, I actually paid, about seven or eight times, to go see ‘Mamma Mia’ and dragged anyone who would go with me. I grew up with Abba in the seventies, I worked in Greece around the same age as one of the main characters and I love the scenery and the humour and everything about it. I laughed and cried in the cinema. And , eventually, bought the DVD. I wasn’t ashamed. But, my family were mortified! Does that count?
4. Worst place you have ever wiped your cheese puff fingers on.
I do not like cheese puffs. But you can wipe anything on jeans.
5. Most drunk you can ever remember being.
That might be my ‘sweaty ankles’ episode that my children humiliate me with or it could be at an occasion at my sister’s where I quaffed champagne and strawberries and failed to eat much of anything else. I would have been fine had I not then partaken of red wine afterwards. Psychedelic? No. A puddle of what looked like blood and the associated drunken ramblings when I thought that it was. Not a pretty sight. Not one I ever care to repeat.
6. Strangest sandwich you ever made cause it was all that was left in the fridge/cupboard.
Brown sauce with anything that is left.
7. Most awkward gift you ever got.. or regifted.
Oh, this is a belter. We received a wedding present of cutlery that had an item missing and a fork with egg stuck on it! But, I wrote and thanked them for it, just the same. Miserable bastards.
8. Most idiotic thing you have ever said.. that you will fess up to.
See above – response to an award. What was I thinking? Well, I know what I was thinking. So does everyone now.:(
9. Best road trip you ever took
A few years ago, we hired a minibus and took the seven kids all over the glorious bits of Scotland. It was an amazing family holiday.
10. Item of clothing you KNOWWW you will never fit into, but keep just in case.
My ‘going away’ outfit from after my wedding (as well as my wedding dress). It might fit but in all the wrong places! And the style is rather dated. Sentimental, I suppose.
11. Favorite drink.
Drambuie with ice. Mmmm. Sweaty ankles.
My questions to the new nominees.
- Worst film you’ve ever seen and why?
- The above only ‘best’?
- Earliest memory?
- Night owl or lark?
- Favourite animal?
- What do you dream of?
- Favourite cartoon?
- Favourite season and why?
So, I’m done.
I know how difficult it can be to do the above exercise in terms of finding time and……well, you know. I think that everyone above has fewer than 200 followers but not all blogs say so. Neither does mine. I am about to rectify that.
Congratulations to everyone above!